Thursday, January 29, 2009

Oopsies and Itchies

IT ITCHES!!!!! I'm only at week two and my scalp is driving me NUTS! I new this was going to be an issue because it has pretty much been an issue my entire life. But this is crazy!!! Which leads me to the oopsy of this post... I ABSOLUTELY had to rinse my hair last week. I had managed to hold off for a week and a half but the itching was driving me crazy and... I was not home where my rubber bands and starter shampoo were so I decided that I needed to rinse my head.. sans braiding and banding *gasp*. I know, I KNOW! Shame on me. But I couldn't help it. My options where risk a little slippage now and relieve some of the itch, or hold out and risk peeling off my scalp. I chose to go with the former. Luckily there wasn't any slippage at all and I got some much needed relief.

The next day I decided to tackle my first wash. And that was something of a disaster (making me wonder of course, whether I made the right decision. Of course, I know that I did, but this beginning stage is definitely something.) But I digress... So, I attempted to start braiding which was impossible given my length so I tried twisting which was difficult but I managed. Unfortunately, the rubber bands had to go out the window because the length of my hair made it impossible to twist fold under AND then band. So, my braid and band became a twist and snap (T-S). I utilized the endless supply of bow clips that are reserved for my daughter's hair, picking the ones that didn't have as many teeth (didn't want to snag anything).

The wash went well despite the 45 minutes it took me to T-S about 35-40 bundles (my hair is apparently that short although I didn't think it was before). And I decided to let my twists air dry overnight and take them out in the morning. Well, there went my second oopsy. The look did NOT come out the way I expected so I've settled that I'll just be free styling for a little while. Sorry, no pictures. That's how bad.

And we come back full circle to the itchies. I think I'm going to give the vinegar rinse a try. I NEED to give the vinegar rinse a try. I know that I'm not supposed to use anything but the SL starter shampoo and water in my hair but this is an emergency. Seriously. Not. Cute.

Wish me luck! And if there are any other suggestions, please, please, PLEASE leave a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment