Friday, January 9, 2009

Anticipation...

So, I'm continuing on my quest for as much information as possible about Sisterlocks before my installation. Two things that I have a lot of concerns about are itchiness and dandruff. I have a lot of that with my TWA so I'm really scared about when my scalp is more exposed and my hair doesn't conceal or trap as much. In my quest I have found three common remedies:
1) An apple-cider vinegar mix
2) Aveda Scalp Remedy
3) Water and olive oil mix.

Does anyone else have any suggestions or opinions on the matter? I want to be ready for the aftermath that will lead to GORGeous hair!

3 comments:

  1. i definitely had a lot of itching my first month...i still have the dandruff issue but the longer i have them (i'm at 3 months) the less dandruff i have. my consultant gave me some antiseptic to dab on my scalp to help with the itching and dandruff. she also sprays it in my scalp before washing as well. once i get the clearance from my consultant to moisturize i am going to dry the aveda. good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found a Tea Tree Oil spritz really helped to calm the itchy feeling down when I first got my hair done. You can read about here : http://whatsnewmel.blogspot.com/2007/01/questions-answered.html
    I look forward to reading about the installation and of course, seeing your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the helpful suggestions!! So far not too much itching yet. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. :-D

    ReplyDelete