Saturday, January 17, 2009

Free at last!!!





Of course I had to title this post that way since Thursday was MLK's birthday and we observe it this Monday. But that's definitely how I felt at 10:30 last night. So, so, SO very free! On a side note, I can't believe how far we have come as a nation in equality and how far in many ways we sill are. As I tell my pre-k students about Dr. King, it still boggles me what you can find in people's hearts both good and bad.

But back to hair! I LOVE it!!!! Even better, the whole process took 13 hours, which is especially great because my consultant wasn't sure if we would finish last night. But miraculously we did. It's amazing what a little prayer can do! LOL My hair is longer than I expected and fuller too so yay, yay, yay! Without further ado, introducing my babies born, officially on January 16th 2009.


Does anyone have some tips or tools, or accessories for styling these babies (other than soft spike curlers of course)? Comments and suggestions (and websites!) are definitely welcome. :-D

Oh by the way... I passed two of my NY certification exams!!! Yay!!! Now I have to schedule the third and final one. Good news all around!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on the start of your journey. Your hair is looking great. I have used soft spike curlers, perm rods and magnetic rollers. As long as my hair is damp before I set it, I get nice curls regardless of which rollers I use. The only type I haven't tried yet are sponge rollers.

    ReplyDelete